Saturday, August 20, 2011

Everyday Possibilities

I've already told you about my calendar that sits atop my desk. It whispers all sorts of inspirational incites to me each day. Today's is deliciously divine!

"Every day holds the possibility of a miracle."

I am certain that that might mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. In my current situation I will elaborate on my yesterday . . .

I awoke (at a decent hour people), and happened to pour forth a very worthy blog. That always makes me happy. To create something that might touch a heart or change a mind. Oh thank you God for the gift you gave me!

From there, I went to the gym. I forgot to eat breakfast so I was not quite as energetic or pleasant as I should have been. Still I managed to squeeze in a leg workout between several folks that really didn't have a clue about how to use the equipment correctly. Right about the time I wanted to clock 'em with a nice big twenty-five pound weight, an older woman approached me and asked if I could show her how to perform a few exercises for specific parts of her legs. It couldn't have come at a better time. I took a few moments, gave her a few pointers, she thanked me profusely and went about her merry way of beating herself up. Shortly thereafter, I entered the racquetball courts where only the day before my son wiped the courts with me. He still beat me in three games, but the scores were much, much closer and I was a much more worthy opponent. Thank you God for the patience and persistence you have given me.

I drove home, quickly showered and headed to a job interview at a local department store. I haven't been on a real job interview in over a decade. My interviewer was fabulously friendly and as much as I wanted to say what I thought she might want to hear, I found myself saying exactly what I thought and felt. She liked me anyway. She said she enjoyed my honesty. I don't know if I got the job, but I sure thank God for the opportunity to be myself.

On my way home, I decided to visit a teacher friend at the middle school. It just so happened that he was being requested to build a display component for a piece of the World Trade Center for the Palm Harbor Fire Department to raise money for a permanent display structure. He asked me for my opinion. I gave a few ideas and . . . they liked 'em. I offered to do a few things to see if I could help out, and they allowed me to assist. I went home, created a few ideas, have included the assistance of my nephew who is a volunteer fireman in New York, and we shall see where this is all leads. What an honor, God, to even be minutely involved in such a grandiose and emotional undertaking.

I was then reading through emails and received one from All Children's asking me to write a letter in reference to an incredible nurse friend who is being acknowledged and nominated for a special award. What is more joyful that to tout the accolades and beauty of a truly giving and generous soul? What a God-provided privilege to offer sincere words of truth about such a deserving and amazing person.

And to come home and find that hubby is expected home two hours earlier than planned. My God, you are so good to offer me such bounty. Thank you for my everyday possibility of miracles. I cannot wait to see what today holds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment