Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Content

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content.
~ Philippians 4:11-12

When I lived in New York, one of five kids to a single mom, there were many a night when mac and cheese was a gourmet feast. When I moved to Georgia, I survived ~ I kid you not ~ on Vienna Finger cookies for three weeks. Thank goodness my mom bought me a treat for the road. If not for that package of cookies, I might not be here now! When we moved to Florida my little baby boy was diagnosed with a life threatening auto-immune disease. Your world kind of stops rotating when you get news like that.

When my mom remarried, they opened up a graphics business and it really did quite well. Mac and cheese was an option only if we chose it. After I found a job in Georgia, I also found my husband, and we dined around Atlanta quite often. It's quite a tasty city! And, in Florida, my son overcame his obstacles and we gained terrific insight into the obligation of giving back and reciprocating to not only the medical staff and hospital, but also the Dream Fund and the tremendous network of friends who helped us through.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.

I am content!

I wish the same for you!

1 comment: