Monday, July 2, 2012

Ordinary?

There are no 'ordinary' moments . . . only ordinary minds!

Yesterday, I spent the day on the boat with hubby! Because of recent storms, fishing was not too good. The winds were kicking up quite a bit so we didn't venture much beyond the barrier islands. The water was a little less colorful than normal because everything's been so churned up. But it was an absolutely incredible day!

The dolphins were out in force yesterday. One of my most favorite creatures, we encountered at least a dozen and each one was just as beautifully captivating as the next. Hubby was especially schmoozy and attentive and just made me all melty all day long.

We docked at Caladesi and wandered around the island for a while. There were many signs regarding leaving the gopher turtles alone. I said, "I wanna see a gopher turtle." Vic said, "OK!" Before we reached the beach, he called me over to where he was standing and . . . voila . . . a gopher turtle.

We left and did a little more non-fishing and sunbathing and simple co-existing! It was glorious! There was nothing super spectacular about the day . . . other than choosing to see all the spectacular things I have before me!

Don't accept 'ordinary'. Make your day spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment