Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Comfort & Confidence

There are many things I am uncomfortable doing. I do not like public speaking. I do not like intimate gatherings. I do not enjoy professing the pains of my life. I am not thrilled by making myself vulnerable in positions of even the remotest bit of stature.

However, I am confident about the things in which I speak publicly. I am confident in those that I gather in my little circles. I am passionate and knowledgeable about bringing my troubles to the forefront so others may know they are not alone. I am certain that if I stand in front, it is because I am a champion of whatever it might be I'm leading.

There is always a ying/yang thing going on. If you're not stepping into uncomfortable situations every now and again, you will not grow, expand, and find out what you are truly capable of. I may not be the best public speaker, but I speak from my heart so I know it's honest and pure. I may squirm at the thought of overtly familiar gatherings, but I ensure that those I surround myself with are positive, productive, supportive people. I don't like sharing my baggage, but by that sharing someone out there may realize they are not alone.

Comfort & Confidence don't always go together, but they are certainly a catalyst for one another.
Today . . . I wish you both . . . no matter how uncomfortable or uncertain you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment