Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today, I awoke with a renewed energy; a surplus of sass; and a little extra pep in my step.

Now since I have been killing myself working out AND working some crazy hours and brutal shifts AND trying to organize not one, but two different hospital events; AND trying to figure out something special for my daughter's birthday; AND preparing to go away on vacation; and trying to find my son some place to live in Tallahassee for school . . . I am attributing my burst of buoyancy to today's birthday girl . . .

MOM!

I celebrate your birth today, Mom, because the alternative is too hard to bear. I know that you are constantly vigil over me and all your other children and your grandbabies and even your great-grandbabies. You guide me, steer me, and continue to keep my heart light and happy with your enduring qualities of ethics and morals and love. I know that you share yourself with me in special ways and special times. I gladly and whole-heartedly accept each gift you offer.

I miss you more than you could imagine.

I hope Heaven is all that you hoped it would be and that your music and your talents and your beauty are enjoyed and treasured! You're the most amazing Ch-Angel I know!

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment