Saturday, April 20, 2013

PEACE!

America is breathing a giant, collective sigh of relief today after the capture of the Boston bombing suspect. The combined efforts of many police forces, the FBI, local, state and government officials, and the persistence, vigilance, and dedication of the folks in and around Boston came to a head last night as thousands amassed to bring down this angry coward.

That is as much connotation as I will offer that person. It is more than he deserves.

I, instead, will focus on prayers to the families of those lost. I will focus on thoughts and prayers to the nearly two-hundred injured. I will focus on the resilience of a whole city and its suburbs. I will focus on the coming together of a nation, glued to the images, and concentrating on one singular outcome.

"We cannot live for ourselves alone.
Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads,
and along these sympathetic fibers,
our actions run as causes and return to us as results."
~ Herman Melville

Boston is beautiful. I have never been there. I am speaking of the aura and the communal nature it has displayed. The first responders, medical folks, police, firefighters, and ordinary citizens who moved beyond their own space to do whatever was necessary is a blatant display of what America is all about.

We exist, most beautifully, as a unified band of brothers.

To you all . . . today and always . . . PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Praise the Lord for hearing our prayers and bringing unity and good out of a senseless and evil situation. God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Love.
    "How great is your goodness that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you have given to those who trust you. You do this for all to see. You protect them by your presence from what people plan against them. You shelter them from evil words. Praise the Lord! His Love to me was wonderful when my city was attacked. In my distress, I said "God cannot see me!." But you heard my prayer when I cried out to you for help." Psalm 31: 19 -22 (NCV)
    "Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is plentiful." Psalm 69:16 (NLT)
    "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
    Obey God's known work, Pray for God's direction and Trust in God's unknown plan.

    ReplyDelete