Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sunshine State

When someone mentions the "Sunshine State," there are conjured images of sandy beaches; brilliant beams of sun filtering through puffy white clouds; tall, swaying palm trees pitted against beautiful clear blue skies; lulling surf that lazily rolls on shore soothing every care away; Disney and Miami and Sanibel and St. Augustine and a bazillion other beautiful places to go to simply relax and unwind.

When I hear "sunshine state," of course - being who I am, completely different images fill my old noggin.

Not so much a noun . . . but an adjective!

I was told yesterday while at work that as many times as this shopper has been in, he has never NOT seen me smiling. I had a co-worker tell me yesterday that she thinks of me as a very strong, yet gentle and caring person ~ a wonderful combination. (Her words, not mine! I swear!)

I am always in a "sunshine state"!

I try to be that comfortable place that folks want to visit. I want to be those rays of sunshine filtering through whatever kind of day you might be having. I want to offer you just a little shade, while showing you the great expanse of beautiful Heavens. I want to give you a quiet place of solace to relax and rejoice at the same time. I want to allow you the freedom to be who you are . . . and the best you you can be.

Join me in the "sunshine state"!

1 comment:

  1. Growing up in a military town, I never had the desire to watch the Blue Angels showcase their aerobatic maneuvers at the Miramar Air Show. But for some reason now that I'm in San Francisco, it became a must-see event I couldn't miss. becoming an angel therapist

    ReplyDelete