Saturday, August 25, 2012

Heart

My son recently asked me to name a favorite 'hero' of mine; someone who made a real impact on me. Well, that's an unusual question so I truly pondered the question. Thinking back . . . way back . . . straining the old gray matter . . . I told him that I had read her story a million years ago and it truly struck a chord with me. I sympathized with her struggles and joined in her triumphs. She overcame so very much and could have shut down at any of a zillion moments. But she chose to live, to improve herself, to create a new life, to make a difference. I told him that one of my favorite 'heroes' was Helen Keller.

And today's little snippet . . . something to sit and stew upon for the weekend . . . is one of my most favorite sayings EVER!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart.

There are plenty of beautiful things to see and touch is an extraordinary gift, but to have the simple exuberance of a joyful heart . . . is a blessing unlike any other.

Today . . . I hope your heart feels wondrous things. I hope your heart sings. I hope your heart, with all its aches and pains and empty spots, is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment