Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Divine Direction

So I have two new friends who each have moms with health issues. It is a little sad to hear this kind of news around Christmas-time, but it is sadder to hear that one friend gets frustrated with her mom's constant time demands and the other's mom, after her diagnosis, has lost a little of her fight.

All day Christmas day, I had the unrelenting urge to want to chat with my mom. It is such a hard thing to have a mom who has left this earth. No more boggle. No more scrabble. No more bouncing ideas off of one another. No more singing songs together in the car . . . with harmonies even! No more venting about stupid people to one another. No more laughter between us. There are memories. Gobs of 'em. But there is just something about that hole that is devastating; no matter how positive one remains. I know that momma is playing music in Heaven. She might even have a bingo game or two started up there. I know she's organized some function or event; cause that's what she does! She brings folks together. I cannot wait to do all those things with her again, but I've got more to do here before that time!

And so, maybe my job . . . for now . . . is to help these two friends realize that no matter the battles they currently face; the alternative is much worse. I took an angel pin off of my work shirt and gave it to the friend whose mom has lost her umph. Her mom saw it and asked for it. She gave it to her. That's exactly what I wanted! Angels don't work unless they are with the folks they need to help! I need to find some more angel pins so I can offer them to folks in need of a little 'divine direction'.

I wish both of your moms well. I hope their health improves and know that their needs are not selfish, but more out of love and self-assurance. I know there are other moms out there, dads too, and aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, etc., who could all use an angel! This holiday season, and 2012, I hope they find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment