Monday, December 5, 2011

Ready???

Accomplishment is an amazing thing!

Saturday, I baked, fudged, candied, etc. literally for TWELVE hours. Lots and lots of work, but the house smelled fabulous and I had Christmas music on the whole time and I was just singing and mixing and dancing and baking and it was fabulous!

Sunday, I made up several Christmas platters and got them prepared for delivery. Then I worked a seven hour shift at Macy's. Within that time, between myself and one other recovery worker, we completely cleaned out TWO dressing areas and sized out FOUR huge sales racks. If you've been in Macy's and know the Christmas madness, you'll know this is no easy task!

I also managed to wrap a few presents, pay the weekly bills, critique a school paper, help with a power point project, AND meet hubby for dinner!

I must admit, I am completely exhausted. But . . . instead of allowing the exhaustion to consume me, I allow it to breathe a new and invigorated life through me! How fabulous I feel having accomplished all those things. I made a diffeence. I cleaned things up. I made yummy treats! People, in many places, will be smiling and that, all by its lonesome, is enough to make me face another day with energy and exuberance! I cannot wait to see what today has in store for me.

Ready? Set? Goooooooooooooooooooooooo

3 comments:

  1. You're wearing me out just reading this....
    Ann @ ACH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should try to get off that meth/pepsi combo :-P

    ReplyDelete