Friday, December 9, 2011

Pennies from Heaven

See a penny, pick it up. All the day, you'll have good luck!

Not sure if that came from Grease or was popular prior, but I know that since I was a tiny kid I was always looking for pennies that were heads-up. They were supposed to be the best luck ever. Sometimes, I heard that you're supposed to carry them in your pocket, or even put them in your shoe for good luck. One of my favorite twists on the tale is that the very wealthy gentleman was seen stepping out of his Rolls Royce, bending over in his bazillion dollar suit in a parking lot to pick up a penny. When asked why he would ever be interested, with all his endless fortune, in picking up a mere penny, he answered that, "It says, 'In God We Trust'. And I do." And it's all good! The penny you pick up today is a penny you didn't have yesterday!

Today I spend my morning answering phones for the All Children's Hospital Radiothon on 103.5 locally. Believe me when I say that these folks know the importance of a penny. EVERY little one makes a huge difference at their facility. Their commitment, technology, and dedication are incredible and I am blessed enough to have had them available for not one, but both of my children. I know of literally hundreds of other ACH stories. Each one a blessing!

Make your pennies count. Do something good with them. Call in and donate or, put your pennies in a Salvation Army bucket, or toward Metropolitan Ministries, or a shelter, or your church, or a needy family. Your tiny little coppery coins can make miracle magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment