Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hey Jack . . .

I know that I'm a great big baby these days, but I . . . am . . . cold!

Having grown up in New York, when one comes to Florida, you get VERY used to warm weather VERY quickly. Now I know that 45 degrees probably means a nice thermal long-sleeve shirt for my brothers and northern friends, but when you're used to running around in next-to-nothing for ten-and-a-half months out of the year, 45 degrees is the same as freezing!!! Although we have not stooped so low as to actually turn the heat on yet, we're still pretty chilly.

The only saving grace of all this shivering and layering is that it seems a little more like the holiday season. This has its good points and bad as well. I am one of the most festive folks you will ever come across. Christmas just brings out the crazy in me. I really don't need the cold, or the chill in the air. I would be thrilled to sweat through Christmas and New Year's! The holiday spirit is measured in your heart, not on the thermometer.

So, if you enjoy the brisk morning ice-scrapings, the waiting ten to fifteen minutes to ensure your car engine isn't frozen solid, the inability to actually put your arms at your sides due to the many clothing layers and your puffy coat, the sadness of your feet not seeing daylight for four to six months of the year . . . then travel northward to get your fix! I would kindly ask Jack Frost to stay north of the Mason-Dixon Line and let the Heatmeiser maintain control of the Sunshine state!

Thank you and have the merriest of Decembers . . . no matter where you are!

1 comment:

  1. Give it a few years. I guarentee that - at some point in your hormonal progression - you will VERY GLAD for the temporary chill.
    Ann @ ACH

    ReplyDelete