Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

As we ushered in 2013 last night, the first year in memory without Dick Clark (tears welling), there was plenty of time for reflecting on 2012. I'm sure you all did the same thing and were filled with the same youthful enthusiasm as that beautiful ball dropped over NYC bringing forth the promise of something more!

As I've aged, my resolutions have gotten more realistic. They used to be "I'm going to travel to Timbuktu" or "I'm going to join a travelling circus" or crazy things like that. Then they became the inevitable "I'm not going to ever drink that much again" or "I'm going to lose 50 pounds" or "I'm going to work out every day". And now . . .

In a world full of chaos, I simply want peace.

Peace for myself, my family, my friends, my community, my country, the world in general. And, by peace, no . . . I don't mean some unfathomable and unattainable realm of placid coexistence. I mean, quite simply, that by me doing the right thing for those around me, they will follow suit and do the right things for those around them, and they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends . . .

Peace begins with a simple act. A belief in a kinder, gentler place ~ whether tangible or not. A tiny area of your earth that is lightened and brightened by the mere presence of you each day! THAT is the peaceful 2013 I wish for each and every one of you.

It starts right now. Be the change you want to see.

Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You couldn't have said it better!!! You always inspire me, Lyn!!! I am so glad to know you and have you in my life to keep my spirits up and keep me looking towards the future with eyes and heart open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori - you cannot imagine what a motivation you are by simply stating the above. If I only touch YOU out of all the gazillion people on the earth, then I will continue to do what I do! Love you tons and bunches! Have a super happy and prosperous 2013. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I agree. This is the peace I hope to accomplish too. If we all bring a sliver of peace to our little area of the world before long it will become a larger slice of the pie. Happy New Year, Lyn and peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Tracy! Pie is good! Peace to you as well, this year and always! xoxo

      Delete