Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Ultimate P.I.F.

In 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 it says:  God . . . comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Although that might sound like a horribly circular SAT question, it's really quite simple in my interpretation. We go through struggles so that later on we may be a stable force for the next person going through a struggle. I have witnessed this over and over and over again!

Shortly after Miles was 'officially discharged' as an ACH patient, we were asked to go to the hospital to visit another patient with the same illness. We're still friends with those folks and we were able to do a little good in their lives. A short while ago, I had a friend approach me with questions about Scoliosis because her daughter had just been diagnosed with it. She knew I had dealt with it with Deanna. We travelled many a bumpy road and I truly believe it's precisely so that we might make someone else's journey a little smoother. That's why we're here.

When you're on your own bumpy road, seek assistance. There will undoubtedly be folks placed in your path specifically to see you through. It may be a total stranger with a simple smile or meager helping hand, but it will be EXACTLY what you need.

That's what those angels do . . .

They suffer through so that they may share the ultimate p.i.f. (pay-it-forward).

Accept those angels, or BE that angel. We all have it within us to do the right thing!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, my sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. I have been able to pay it forward due to the experiencing the pain and heart ache of losing family members.

    ReplyDelete