Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Beautiful Moment!

So . . . the moment you find out you're pregnant, you begin to worry . . .

Am I eating too much? Am I eating enough?
Am I exercising enough? Am I exercising too much?
Will the baby be healthy?
Am I sleeping enough? (Cause God knows you won't when it's born!)
Will the delivery be hard?
Should I do this naturally? Should I use drugs?

And then . . . poof . . . you're a parent . . . without instructions or manuals.

New questions.

Why is she crying?
Is she ok? Is something wrong?
Is she hungry? Or just need to be changed?
Will she develop on schedule? Will she be healthy?
Why isn't she crawling, walking, talking yet?
Am I a good parent?

You constantly question everything. As your child grows, you simply learn to deal with each day as it comes, love with every fiber of your being, give unconditional acceptance, support their dreams, listen to them, guide them, and impart whatever bits of wisdom have seemed to work for you.

And then . . . some nearly 22 years later . . . on some random Friday afternoon . . . you are blessed with a revelation that something positive happened over those many, many days and weeks and months of what seemed to be you talking to the microwave . . .

She posts a note on facebook that says, "I wish everyone grew up with the same life motto you raised us with, 'in the morning you can wake up and choose to be happy or crappy' the world would be different."

And your heart soars!

A beautiful moment! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment