Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Allowance

I have been trying to make the best of grief
and am just beginning to learn to allow it to make the best of me. 
~ Barbara Lazear Ascher

I must be feeling like I need profound guidance as of late. I keep running into quotes that just are screaming to me that I ought to be sharing them and listening to them.

I recently got two emails, both from folks who I deem to be eternally positive. Neither of these emails was remotely happy. It made my heart sad. To think that these overtly optimistic folks had caved in the face of trials and tribulations, made me want to don my little suit of perk-em-up armor and head off to battle. And then . . . I found this quote staring me directly in the kisser!

I do not know the depth of your obstacles today. I do not know your pains or your problems. I am unaware of your hurts, your hardships, or your hassles . . . but I am your friend. And, as your friend,  I beg of you to read the above quote again. Its message is extremely powerful! There is a reason you are exactly where you are today. There is a purpose to your pains and your problems. The obstacles you are facing are in your way for a lesson.

Let your trials mold you into something stronger; something better; something more prepared for your future. You, in my eyes, can do anything. You are amazing and powerful. You are dedicated and determined and you will overcome whatever stands in your way and be better for this. Be forged in the fate of misfortune and become an even bigger and better beacon to those around you!

Much love to you!

2 comments:

  1. You have an amazing way of turning a negative into a positive. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, life sometimes does bounce things off of us as a test, doesn't it? That is how we grow.

    ReplyDelete