Monday, October 10, 2011

Transition . . .

Transition . . .

Having just perused Facebook and thoroughly enjoyed photos of my oldest brother's friend's 50th birthday, today I am thinking about transition.

tran·si·tion
[tran-zish-uhn, -sish-]
noun
1. movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change.

Bill - Happiest of Birthdays, my friend! You are NOT getting old. You are transitioning into a new era, a new time in your life. I hope that you enjoy all there is to see and do and I hope that the journey continues to be filled with family and friends. Those pictures brought back lots of memories and it is wonderful to see your family all together and all those smiles.

This weekend, for only the 2nd time in 45 years, I had my hair professionally colored. Although I could have felt anguish about taking that step, I choose to feel like I've transitioned myself into another couple of months of looking how I feel. I certainly don't feel grey-haired. (OK, some days are questionable!) I don't feel like I need to be viewed in that manner when I am still so active and kickin' up my heels. So . . . I simply transitioned from grey-streaked, to vibrant and back-to-normal!

My son began his first job this week. Although the house was eerily quiet without him, it is not a bad thing. He is learning to be responsible, personable, social, and earning a pay check. He is transitioning to a new phase in his life and I could not be prouder of him. I know that no matter what he does, he will be fantastic!

The world has seen some tragic losses in the past week with Steve Jobs and Al Davis, just to name a few. These are folks that left legacies in their short time here on earth. And now, they transition into a new phase of their existence and we are left to transition here as well.

Embrace the changes before you. Transition is not a bad thing! It can be as good as you choose to make it. Make it amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment