Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ride the Wave . . .

Yesterday, amidst about a gazillion errands and things to get done, I spoke with an incredibly dear and sweet friend. She was in a tizzy about mixed emotions. We were conspiring on a project together and she sent me some parts and when I emailed her back, she noticed my blog link on my email. She emailed me back immediately and told me that what she read there was precisely what she needed to hear. She said she was thrilled to have found my writings and would be following me from now on.

Besides being a tad bit humbled, I was eagerly overjoyed to assist. THAT, in a nutshell, is precisely WHY I write. If only to touch one heart a day . . . my job is done! Emotions are a tricky task to tackle. I, myself, am the proverbial emotional train wreck! On any given day, I am laughing so hard my cheeks hurt to crying at the stupid news to anxiety and worry over ill or bothered friends. Keeping your emotions in check in next to impossible, but . . . "Life without emotion is like an engine without fuel."  (Mary Astor). Let me tell ya . . . I could be the new clean energy source for the entire US.

Writing is an outlet for me. It is soothing, peaceful, and an opportunity to spread a good word. I try my very hardest not to write negative things here, no matter the state of my days. I am certain that no matter the disarray of my situation; there is some tiny bit of fabulousness just waiting to pop its little head up and bare itself. So . . . to my loving friend from yesterday . . . know that to feel emotion is a wonderful and powerful thing. To try to harness it is futile and fruitless. Ride the wave . . . see where it takes you. If nothing else, you've exhausted your worries, your tears, and your anxieties. And who knows, you may land in a much better place!

Ride the wave . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment