Thursday, October 6, 2011

Move Mountains . . . or Break China

I have previously been referred to as the 'bull in the china shop.' I did take ballet for seven years or so, but I'm just much more comfortable with pounding the floor mats, throwing the pigskin, lifting weights and getting sweaty. It's just who I am.

Recently, I have been tasked with what I take to heart as a tremendous responsibility. I've never been one to step into a spotlight role or take the reigns on projects. I will do absolutely every OTHER job for a project, but I just don't want to stand up with the weight of the world (or so it seems) upon my meaty little shoulders. Be that as it may, I am now in the very place I didn't want to be. However . . . in my usual finesse and style (that was tremendously sarcastic) . . . I just put on my helmet, lower my head, and plow on through.

If I don't know the answer, I will ask questions. If I can't find a willing participant, I will roll up my sleeves and do it myself. If I am terribly unsure of the proper steps to take next . . . I become the 'bull in the china shop.' I may do stuff wrong. I will absolutely make mistakes. I may even break a few items. I will more than likely say something that offends somebody somewhere. But, rest assured, I will reach the end goal and it will be profitable and positive.

I never promised that what I do or say would be pretty or perfect, but by my passions and through my persistence, I will accomplish what I set out to do. I am buoyed by knowing I've surrounded myself with confident, helpful, positive folks. I can somewhat relax in knowing that there are those that have gone before me who may have stumbled also. I find solace in special people who may not always be readily available, but am certain they are there for me. And, most importantly, I know that what I'm doing is for the children . . . those who are too small, too weak, too sick, too voiceless to help themselves. I know our collective efforts DO make a difference . . . and THAT is drive enough for me to move mountains . . .

Or break china!

No comments:

Post a Comment