Friday, October 14, 2011

A Musical Interlude

I am absolutely positive that this is just my mom, using me to speak her thoughts, but boy howdy am I loving these talent competitions as of late.

The Sing Off would be one of momma's favorites. The sheer talent of these folks is just jaw-droppingly amazing. It is hard enough to sing well with musical accompaniment, but to be your own musical accompaniment is an entirely different level of talent. If any of you saw the Doo Wop group do the Bruno Mars song . . . you understand how music transcends generations and musical genre stereotypes. That was just absolutely stunning!

The X Factor has really showcased some incredible talent. Aside from the judges . . . who leave a whole lot more to be desired than the competitors . . . the abilities of some of these people is just super. There was a 14 year old girl who sang "Will You Still Love Me" and gave me goosebumps. Some of the groups and their harmonies just make the hair stand straight up on my arms.

Now, maybe it's just the love of music that my mom instilled in me that makes me enjoy these shows so much. Maybe it's the years of singing that has made me admire and respect the talents these people possess. Maybe it's the thought of momma, somewhere better, playing along on whatever keyboard she could grab and just enjoying the bejeepers out of herself! Whatever it is . . . I'm thrilled to realize and enjoy the gifts of others!

Hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment