Monday, October 17, 2011

Begin . . . again!

Saturday, hubby and I attended the wedding of a dear friend and neighbor! It was a beautiful beach wedding with an incredible sunset. We laughed, we danced, we smooched, and we celebrated the union of these two souls who happened to find one another in the chaos that is life. Wherever their course may take them; I wish them well.

My niece and nephew-in-law (ew! just nephew!) celebrated their one-year anniversary. I have not yet met this wonderful young man, but it is obvious that he is just the light of my niece's life and he makes her very content and happy. I cannot hope or wish for anything more than that. She deserves much joy and love and there are days that her posts contain her almost-audible laughter. It makes my heart happy!

My nephew and soon-to-be niece-in-law (ew! just niece!) will be celebrating an anniversary today. They have an incredibly delicious little girl who I am just itching to meet. I hope, too, that I meet the beautiful young lady who birthed that little girl and who keeps my fabulous nephew in line and so very happy! It is a privilege to include you in the family and, dear nephew, you know you hold a terribly special place in my heart. I hope that your happiness and fulfillment are on-going. You all deserve just a big piece of contentment and peace! Love you!

My high-school buddy celebrates her birthday today! Although we never toured the south as the world's sexiest pair of 18-wheeling females . . . we both managed to end up as 'southern belles'. I hope you enjoy your birthday today. May God bless you today and always, and enjoy getting older . . . before me!  :-)

And also . . . twenty-two years ago, my Victor requested I dress nice for dinner out at Scalini's in Georgia. With dinner ordered, he nervously spent a few moments in idle chatter before he asked if I would be his wife. It was the best dinner I never ate! It was also the best decision of my life. There have been bumps and hurdles, but he has ALWAYS been a constant companion, friend, supporter, and love. He carries me when I cannot walk. He listens when I blabber on like a crazy lady. He supports me in all my endeavors. And now, as the children begin their own life journeys, it is just a fabulous time we're having enjoying one another again. We are laughing, dancing, singing, talking, and simply existing together. Thank you, God, for this gift of a man and thank you for crossing our paths!

Today, enjoy your own new beginnings . . . again. Celebrate old history. Make some new history. Begin . . . again!

No comments:

Post a Comment