Monday, January 16, 2012

Beautiful minority!

Today we celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. Quite a human being and a transformer of many things. His quotes are numerous . . . some much more famous and well-known than others. In his honor, I will pick one that hits home for me, and actually a tremendous amount of the people that I mingle with. I am drawn to creative types; whether in craft or in spirit!

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.

I think, immediately of my mother who is probably the most creative person I've ever known. My brothers are all very creative and mostly in the construction arena, although a few have dabbled in other arts. My husband who is sometimes stifled by too much work, will intermittently and honestly shock me with his brilliance. My children amaze me with their outside-the-box thinking and varying forms of creativity in writing, photography, and vision and more. Keith, Winnie, Joyce, Tony, Ann, Bill, Joel, Ali, Dayna, Danny, Barbara, Dawn, Analisa, Dianne, Carol, Kathy, Norma, and so very many more of my friends whose brains are not confined by the limitations of what lies directly ahead of them. Instead, they choose to make the world a better place by 'decorating' it with their own special touch. It's a beautiful thing and I am thrilled to be affiliated with all of these 'creative minority' types.

Thank you for the beauty that you add to this earth!

1 comment:

  1. You must count yourself as among the creative crowd you speak of as well, darlin!

    ReplyDelete