Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spice Up Your Life

It is said that 'Variety is the spice of life.' I concur!

I enjoy cooking and when I cook I am a huge fan of garlic, oregano, red pepper, cayenne, montreal seasonings, and lots of spicy stuff! When I bake, I use lots of vanilla and flavored extracts and flavored versions of recipe ingredients. I rarely do what the recipes call for and even change up my own recipes with different spices, ingredients, and additions. I've never made a meal people wouldn't eat and usually get rave reviews! Yay!

And such is life . . .

I've got my spicy friends - those friends who would not only bail me out of trouble, but probably help me get into it. I've got my go-to oregano-types who just add a delicious flavor to my life. I've got my 'flavored' friends who are colorful in a variety of ways and add all sorts of interesting facets to my days.

Meat is dry if you simply stick it in the oven. When you 'kick it up a notch,' juices start to flow, things get cookin', and the meal is completely different! If you wander through life with only one friend, you're missing out on the spice and diversity of life. Do a little "Bam!" and add a little flavor to your day. Change things up and see where a little spice can take ya!

Enjoy your new dish . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment