Monday, January 2, 2012

Calmmodity

Oh, how precious are a few quite moments to yourself? Whether you are reflecting on the day, the month, the year, your life . . . a little down time is a wonderful thing. To stop, sit, and take solace in all the good that surrounds you is an energizing and vital part of life. More important than hitting the gym every day of the week, more important than impressing those executive clients, more important than getting your kid to every sport on earth, more important than donning the latest fashions, more important than owning the latest gadgets . . . is the sweet taste of . . . calm.

I am fortunate enough that I can hop in my car and be by the Gulf of Mexico's shores within minutes. I sometimes lose myself in the rhythmic rolling of the waves, basking in the lazy Florida sun, and just mostly thinking about nothing. It is sublime! I find the same sweet calm in a wooded trail, a mountain top, a lakeside stroll, a blooming garden and many other places.

This year, I hope you take a little time ~ each day if you're able ~ to get off the rat race roller coaster and find a place to rest. Invest in yourself; in your own 'calmmodity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment