Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh happy days

A few days ago, I was running around in my furious little circles as I always seem to be doing, when my phone rang. Normally, I don't get many calls. Most communications, these days, come via texts. So . . . I whipped out my phone and glanced at the caller ID. To my uncontrollable glee, it was one of my brothers. I eagerly answered the phone and found that he was travelling from one job to the next, had thought of me, and just wanted to say hello. We didn't tackle any life issues. We didn't debate politics. We didn't do anything but chat! It is those sweet little moments that make my heart happy.

Yesterday, I had to drop off something for a friend where she works. I asked the front desk how I might find her. They called to her office and said she had just stepped out. The receptionist told me she'd pass by shortly and that I should wait. As I turned around to find a seat, I saw her sneak through a "Staff Only" door. Dang . . . just missed her. So I sat and waited. Just a few minutes later, she emerged . . . with her sister! It was a two-for-one day! They are both dear, sweet friends and happening upon both of them was like finding money in the parking lot! What a special little treat for me. I just love them.

I got home from my errands, unloaded the groceries, let the dogs out, checked the mail and then took a moment to see if there were any messages on the home phone. It was my husband. "Hey. Just me. Checkin' in! Miss you. Love you! See you later! Giggidy!" (Family guy stupidity that runs rampant in my house - ugh!) It almost brought tears to my eyes. For those that don't know Vic, he oversees five Applebee's units and is very focused and frayed whilst working. To take time to leave me a silly, sweet, non-directive, goofy message just put me over the top!

And the boy came home with dinner from Delco's . . . with a hug and a "I missed you mom". How does life get any better? Some people search for fortune and fame and their name up in lights. Some folks want notariety and paparazzi chasing them around. Some folks need that pedestal action going on. Me? I am more than content with the bountiful blessings that surround me each and every day.

Thank you . . . to all my blessings!

3 comments:

  1. That is certainly a rare day. Sometimes it only takes someone thinking of you that day to make your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Wonderful treat it was for us as well. We sometimes tend to get busy and forget the important little things like running into someone special. You are loved and so is your blog...love you and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete