Friday, March 30, 2012

At the peaceful water's edge

A couple of weeks ago, I told you of some divine inspiration and an upcoming poem. Today, a couple days early, it is unveiled.

Sunday marks April Fool's Day. As long as I can remember, I've never been a huge fan. Never played any big practical jokes or even many little ones. Two years ago, on April 1st, I sat beside my mother as she drew her final breath. First of all, I cannot believe it's been two years. Sometimes the hurt is so great, it seems like it happened ten minutes ago. Sometimes, the hurt is so deep, it seems like it happened a decade ago.

Because of my Ch-Angel Ann Miller-Baker, I was gifted with this verse to my most favorite of Ch-Angels, my mom:   Francine Loretta Botsakos Rider Herrmann Sellet. I love you and I miss you immensely!

At the peaceful water's edge

As I walk alone, with all my friends, an April fool am I
There's nothing funny about this stroll, or time as it passes by
The heat of the day envelopes me, as a chill stirs in my soul
I'm so very full of support and love, yet so very far from whole
I make my way to the sandy shore, like a mile long walk on glass
Each minute an eternity though the years fly by too fast
Finally at my destination, I face the water and take a seat
Although the silence is unbearable, it's a much deserved retreat
As I let the moment seize me, I'd love to run away
A dark cloud looms above me as the sunlight bakes the day
My toes dig in to sandy earth, the tension begins to fade
And like the palm fronds high above, my mood is gently swayed
As the water slowly rolls ashore, in a gentle, sweet caress
With the grains of sandy painfulness, it carries off my stress
The lullaby of lapping waves, bring your sweet voice back to me
Wraps me in a sun-drenched hug, and takes my teardrops out to sea
Has it really been two years? It still hurts like yesterday
I love these days of quietude; your presence felt in every way
The gloomy cloud's dispersed. The sun beats warm upon my face
Hugged by the salty, sweet sea breeze, I'm comforted in this place
A calmness does envelope me; frees me from life's thorny hedge
I miss you mom, thanks for meeting me ~ at the peaceful water's edge.

4 comments:

  1. For whatever small role I played in this, I am truly grateful to see such a beautiful outcome.

    Well done, Lyn.
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiration, however it is gotten, it taken as a blessing. You have always inspired me. Always! Therefore . . . YOU are a blessing!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lyn, this is beautiful. A lovely and spiritual tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much Norma. It is from my little tattered heart! <3 xoxo

      Delete