Monday, March 12, 2012

Inspiration and Anticipation

I do love my sleep. It is often fleeting and irregular, at best, but I do enjoy a sweet night's slumber!

There are few things I enjoy being awakened by. First would be my husband, but that has no business being discussed here! Second, would be the sound of my kids coming home late. Then I am assured of their safety and security and my sleep comes a little easier. Third, and one of my favorites, is . . . inspiration!

On many a night, in the wee, early hours I am stirred to life with the notion to write. Sometimes, I will write entire lengthy prose in a single sweep of the pen. Other times, the verse is there, but kind of jumbly . . . like my brain at that hour. Regardless of the task, the outcome always amazes me. I do not understand where it comes from sometimes, and then there are the pieces that are just so poignant and direct that it frightens me.

Several days ago, in answering a comment to a friend, I told her that I would "meet her at the water's edge". As I was writing it, I literally said ~ out loud ~ to myself, "THAT will be a poem!" And just two days ago, at approximately 4:15 am, I was awakened with the directive to write. Not too short and not too long, it is perfect. It will be revealed in a few short weeks and you will understand why when you read it. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed writing it. I adore having that blessed task of putting pen to paper to expose and make tangible the gifts God blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment