Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh Sweet Rejuvenation

Not only did I get an actual day off, I kind of hid! My cell phone stayed on the charger for the entire day yesterday. I did not check messages, make phone calls, or concern myself too much with emails. I chose NOT to go to work because hubby and son were both home.

I was up early, as usual, did my normal early-morning stuff and waited for the boys to arise. We hit the gym and worked out and then played a brutal game of racquetball. Stomach is in pain from ab workout; and pride is in pain from Miles beating us up on the racquetball court! Ha! Ha!

Hightailed it home, to scarf down a lunch and then headed to the local beach to chill. What a glorious day of sun and nothing! As the boy strolled off one way to see what he could find; and hubby strolled off in the other direction with his fishing pole, I was left to quietly enjoy the sound of the surf and the warmth of the sun. After just a very short while, a group of four adults decided to park it just a few feet from our towels. Minutely annoyed, I pondered moving but then . . . I heard those glorious words that told me Momma was working some magic . . . "Want me to play some guitar?" And so, for nearly two hours, I baked myself in the Florida sunshine listening to a really rather good guitar player strumming himself silly, singing ~ along with his friends ~ to everything from Fuel, to Bon Jovi, to much older stuff. And, in the still moments between songs, the languid lapping of the water. Just completely sublime!

Today I must work, but I can start fresh and renewed and with sweet rejuvenation. Thanks Mom and thanks guitar-playing stranger & friends who just made the whole day. You just never know where those little bliss bombs will come. I think the beach is a beautiful place to be bombarded!

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment