Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Diligence and Delegation

Diligence and Delegation! Two words I'm working on!

I believe I have always been diligent: constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent; done or pursued with persevering attention. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop. Momma always taught me to be productively busy and I really try to do just that. Whatever task I take on, I give it 110% and see it through, no matter how daunting or scary it might seem. I believe diligence walks hand-in-hand with expedience and together they can create magical moments.

Delegation: to send or appoint a person; to commit powers, functions, etc., to another. This one ~ much harder to get a grip on. As an expedience-compulsive person, delegating tends to take that power away from you. It then becomes a trust issue where you assume and pray that those you have delegated to, view the project as importantly and impressively as you do. The lesson that is SO hard to learn is that 'just because you have your way of doing it, doesn't mean it's any better or worse than my way.' I think it is equally as hard for the delegated individual to come to grips with this. The end result is the measuring stick and success is defined in a multitude of ways!

I thank those who are helping me with my Diligence and Delegation. It is a wonderful learning experience and I truly appreciate the incredible efforts of the folks around me. You are my support, my refuge, my glory, my everything. I cherish you all! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment