Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time . . .

Time is a dressmaker, specializing in alterations!

What a fabulous quote and one of the ultimate truths! I have never really been one to hop all over the latest fashions and styles. I've always just wanted to be comfortable. But even that frame of mind leaves much freedom for the altering seamstress!

Literally . . . I weighed 112 pounds at 21. I was squatting 180 pounds, doing aerobics every single day, and also negative nautilus like a junky! I was in amazing shape. Then I moved to Atlanta . . . a fabulous place for a young person to go, but with many distractions. 112 was gone in a heartbeat! Oh well! In a few short years, I was married and within two months of the wedding I was pregnant. Although I didn't gain but 25-30 pounds with both kids, child-bearing changes your body. When the boy became ill, stress and stagnant behavior left me in horrible shape. Now, in my mid-40's, I'm happy to say I've recently dropped 12 pounds and continue to head to lesser weights.

In the most basic of terms, change is constant!

Figuratively . . . when I was younger, my girlfriend and I were going to be big-rig drivers and cruise across the country. Then I wanted to model. Then I wanted to be a professional golfer. Then I wanted to be a body-builder or fitness guru. The creative side always won out and I continually found myself in graphic sorts of jobs. I found out I enjoy writing. I found out I'm fairly good at poetry. I realized I'm pretty good at most sports. I stumbled upon an ability to coordinate and facilitate. And, I'm still not sure I know what I want to be when I grow up.

In the most basic of terms, change is constant!

I don't think I will EVER be the bearer of the latest trendy styles. I will always be comfortable or searching for comfort. I am thankful that time is my dressmaker and specializes in alterations. Let it out; take it in. Lower the hem; hike it up. Spandex; Denim. It's all good and it all has a time and place. I feel like, as crazy as life has been, I have worn it pretty well!

I hope the same for you!

4 comments:

  1. You wear everything exceptionally well, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to keep up with Bayons! :-) Thanks, sweety! My beautiful and timeless friend!

      Delete
  2. Particularly well written...awesome blog post

    ReplyDelete