Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fortitude forged from friends

Fortitude.

mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger, or temptation courageously

Never, in a million years, would I have ever thought I could use that word to describe myself. I am both humbled and proud to say I do. It is a ribbon; an honor; a declaration to proclaim victory over whatever has stood in your way.

I must, however, dedicate my medal to all those who have supported me through my troubles, my struggles, my adversity, my difficulties . . . and my triumphs. We are only as good as the folks we surround ourselves with. I have been blessed to walk beside some pretty amazing people. Folks that have held me up since elementary school; friends who have stood beside me in some blazing bs; and those who charge with me through every storm and battle ready to fight with me . . . for me.

I thank you, my friends, for that fortitude. You ARE my fortitude!

4 comments: