Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Job Well Done

I never thought working at Macy's would teach me so much! Thanks!

Recovery, or picking up fitting rooms and returning clothes to the sales floor, may not sound like brain surgery ~ and it isn't. It is, however, labor-intensive at best! It has taught me that there are a tremendous amount of women out there whose mothers would be devastated at the disrepair in which they leave the fitting rooms. It has taught me that woman are grossly more slob-like than men - no matter how the tv may portray folks. It has taught me that the better dressed the woman; it is more likely she will leave a huge mess in the fitting room! Sad stuff!

On a more serious note, it has taught me that I am only one person. I am only capable of what my two little hands can do, no matter the size of the obstacle in front of me. It has taught me that persistence and consistence are two EXTREMELY important characteristics to employ. It has taught me that putting the right people together can make fabulous things happen. It has taught me that no matter the slob in the room; it is still imperative to be nice! Cohesion and compatability are vital to any task. And it has taught me that nothing is impossible!!!

Crazy to learn so much from a little part-time job; but I am thrilled to say that I work hard for my little check and I certainly do more than earn it! I enjoy the interactions and enjoy myself, no matter the stress level. I love to prove the non-believers wrong and go from stacks of clothes everywhere to TWO clean fitting rooms in one shift! Thank goodness MY mom taught me to never be afraid of getting a little dirty and sticking things out til the end. I so enjoy a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment