Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A perfect 10?

Yesterday, I was running ~ as usual ~ in crazy, endless circles. I really got a lot accomplished, but it was a most exhausting day. Mall, post office, grocery store, dry cleaners, liquor license, Target, meeting up and chatting with friends, making muffins, making dinner, walking the dog, and finally collapsing! Craziness, but good!

While at the mall, I decided on the advice of a friend to check out the prices at JC Penney. She had raved about how good they were. I strolled through different departments and sometimes she was right, sometimes she was not-as-right. I finally ended up in the clothing department and chose to look for a new pair of work pants. You can always use black pants, right?

So . . . I strolled around a while and decided on two different styles to take in the dressing room. I rummaged through the stacks til I found a size 10 ~ my current size ~ NOT boot cut, and slimming - to help! (I'll take the help wherever I can get it!) I also took two shirts to try on. The shirts were the first to go on and they were both winners, so I was quite happy. I put on the first pair of pants and was astounded to find that they were large. I checked the size and chalked it up to maybe it just being the cut of the slacks. Next, I picked up the jeans. I threw them on and . . . lo and behold . . . these were large, too! I checked the size again and, yep, 10's. Hmmm! I returned to the sales floor and grabbed 8's in the same styles. When I got back in the dressing room, these too were roomy! I couldn't believe it! The dieting and exercise have paid off! Yippee! I was so excited, I just bought the shirts and ran away. I'll wait to see what size new pants I end up in!

Perfect 10?  I think not! I think I'm gonna shoot for a perfect 6!!! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations Sis, Keep up posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll race you to a 6. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fair if you're already at like a 2 or something. Pllllllllll!!!

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful. I would have guessed lower than 10 the last time I saw you. As long as YOU feel good...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks! Hard work, but I DO feel good! :-)

      Delete