Friday, February 3, 2012

It was glorious!

I have written prior about "Billy Bots" moments. Yesterday, I had a Poppa/Momma moment all rolled into one. It was glorious!

To set a brief stage for you . . . Poppa (Lillian Botsakos) was a tiny little woman that was about as fierce as they come. She would help just about any person out there, but do NOT make her mad. She would tear you up as soon as look at you. She made no bones about letting you know her thoughts and . . . quite directly, I might add. Now, Momma, as you know, had that same ferocity but played a much better mind game with that tenacity. She'd let you run amuk and then snap that chain at the last second, hurtling you backwards into unwitting confusion! Again . . . glorious!

I had to approach a subject that was a little touchy. A great person with wonderful product, but not an inch of wiggle room in his approach. He wanted my backing and all I would give him was my understanding. I disagreed with his approach and stood firm in that thought. Those that know me, know that I usually will cave, or cry, or lay down by the door with a big WELCOME printed on me. I did none of those things. I spoke earnestly, sincerely, precisely, and concisely. I certainly surprised myself and really didn't understand who was actually speaking. It was a beautiful moment of those beautiful Botsakos genes running rampant and finding an opportune outlet. Yay Me!

It was glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment