Monday, February 6, 2012

Victors

Obviously, to the New York Giants . . . congratulations! A strenuous season, a hard-fought battle, and now . . . SuperBowl Champions! A tremendous accomplishment. A terribly stressful game, but victors none-the-less! Yahoo!

On a whole 'nother plane . . .

My husband's name is Victor. Translated . . . it means 'conqueror'! He is! He's a warrior and a winner - on more levels than I could ever explain here. He's the rock of my life, and the champion of my heart!

My son's name is Miles Vinson. Translated . . . 'merciful son of the conqueror'! It could not suit him any better! Literally, since birth, he's been fighting! He decided to show up only hours after the doc said it'd be another week before we met him. At the hospital, he decided . . . maybe an entrance isn't in the cards, so I'll just hang out in here with this lovely cord as a scarf. Doc said, "Push or I'm cutting!" At ten months he spent several days in the hospital with croup. I laid IN a hospital crib bed with him for many sleepless nights. At nine years old, he was diagnosed with a life-threatening auto-immune disease. In some respects, he is more a 'conqueror' than 'merciful'. He showed none of those trials and complications ANY mercy. He marched on . . . as verile, valiant, and vibrant as could be. He is the epitome of 'victor' - everything his father is . . . and more!

Put him, however, in a room of underprivileged or ill children; or perhaps in the position of fundraiser and champion of worthy causes; and his mercy shines through as brilliant as the Florida sun. He is fair, forgiving, frank, fun, and fearless! He makes my heart happy! He is a victor a thousand times over and I am certain he will accomplish any feat before him. I am such a better person because of him and all he's been through. He gives me strength and helps me soar. He is also nineteen years old today. Happy Birthday, son. You make your parents proud! Continue your victories . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment