Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Ch-Angel Tracy

There is a woman I have befriended who is not only a Ch-Angel, she is amazing!

This woman has owned her own business, continues to work in the same field; but not as an owner. She is a mom, a friend, a grandma, and a HUGE supporter of things that affect her life. Her grandson; who is 2-1/2 and speaks as though he's 10, is one of the cutest little guys you will ever come across and, coming from ME, that says a LOT! You know how I feel about my Miles! This little guy also has OI or brittle bone disease! In his short little life, he has broken his legs more than ten times already! He continues to attempt to be a regular kid though; wants to play and toddle around as much as he's able. He's a real trooper!

His grandma, however, displays ~ on a daily basis ~ strength, determination, grit, tenacity, and perseverance for him to follow. She not only continues to work, helps out in his treatment and care, but has also been an integral member of Make-A-Wish in the past and is an essential component of the All Children's Hospital group that I am currently leading. She displays strength beyond belief and, with emotions on her sleeve, warms your heart with the devotion she delivers to all she meets!

It's folks like Tracy that buoy my spirit. I see the drive in her and am spurred to do the same. I feed off her energy and will work twice as hard to accomplish whatever task is at hand. I thank you so much, Tracy, for your spirit, your passion, your courage, and your faith. You make me want to be a better person. You've earned your wings and your 'Ch-Angel' status! God bless you . . . and your little grandson!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I need to save this for those days when I think life has dealt me a losing hand. You are so kind to give me a boost when I need it. Thank you for your continued support.
    Tracy
    PS Oliver is pretty cute. Kinda hard not to love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need, every now and again, to hear how vital, important, and valuable we are. The weight of the world can sometimes slow us down and depress us. Sometimes we need to remember to give up the things we cannot control and focus on the things we can. And, yes, Oliver is just delicious! Thank YOU for being you!

      Delete