Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tiny Treasures

Yesterday was a great and bliss-filled day!

It began simply. I woke up at 5 am and refused to get out of bed. I actually and eventually fell back to sleep sometime around 7 til about 9. That NEVER happens. Usually, once the eyes open, the brain kicks into full gear and I can't ever find the sandman again. What a restful morning!

Had a beautiful morning answering emails and writing my blog when the phone rang with a beautiful voice from the past. One of my nearest and dearest girlfriends called to vent a little about her job and chat about life. We ended up gabbing for a very long time. Even though it's been forever since I've seen her, or talked to her, we picked up just like it was yesterday. She's one of those special folks that just brightens every room she enters, is about as honest as they come, and is as supportive a friend as you can have. She paved the way for the day!

I left here and went to the middle school to visit a teacher friend. No real purpose on the agenda, other than to simple catch up and give him a hug as I haven't seen him in a few weeks. He spent lunch and planning with me and it was just a tremendously warm and fuzzy afternoon in his presence. He is just a peach and I adore him.

From there, I trudged my way to the grocery store. I really don't mind it, since I know most of the folks there and always am greeted by smiling faces and/or hugs. But, was I shocked and surprised to run into someone I haven't seen in years. Our children attended elementary, middle, and high school together and we made sure we caught up on all five children, hubby stuff, and our own lives. She is just as sweet and wonderful as I always remember her being and the conversation was most memorable. I miss her!

Get the groceries home on a beautifully sunny afternoon and my poor, old pooch is just whining away at the back door. I figured he either needed to visit the back yard or get a drink from 'his swimming pool'. I walked him to the back door, but he just looked at me. I walked him to the pool, but he just looked at me. A little perplexed, I plopped myself into a chair and started scratching his ears. Tail-a-wagging, he euphorically laid at my feet and could not be happier. He just wanted a little love and attention. I happily gave it to him whilst enjoying the afternoon sunshine.

Sometimes, God just gives us a day full of gifts. Tiny little treasures to make us understand how good we have things or just to enjoy the things we have. Yesterday was a tiny treasures day. It was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed all my treats. I am truly blessed! I hope, for today and always, you can look beyond your mayhem and see the tiny treasures that lie before you. They are always there; waiting to raise you up and give you hope and make you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment