Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Ch-Angel ~ and then some!

"The true way to soften one's troubles, is to solace those of others."
~  Madame de Maintenon

I had the wonderful pleasure of sitting and listening to a dear, sweet, loveable friend yesterday. Sure, the chatter was mixed with a few tears, many life questions, and a drip or two of bitterness; but it was an absolutely fabulous stretch of time in my day.

I don't know that we resolved any of her issues . . . or mine . . . but we sat together. We talked. We listened. We existed. We cried. We laughed. I yelled at the dog. She kept petting him. And it was a genuinely cleansing time. I don't really know who got more out of it.

I do know that when she left, I wished she was back. I found myself thinking of her all day and wishing her happiness, ease, and contentment. She deserves it. She's a fabulous person who has had a bumpy road as of late. She continues to move forward and constantly thinks of others. In all of her troubles . . . she volunteers at a local hospital. She is amazing!

She's a Ch-Angel and then some! Love you! Thanks for allowing me into your life and your heart. I feel awfully special for it!

3 comments:

  1. This is nice. It is so easy to slip past each other without really seeing and hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. It is so easy to slip past each other without really seeing and hearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara and it is quite simple to sail silently through life. I'm glad our paths have crossed! ;-)

      Delete