Monday, November 5, 2012

An A-ha Moment

So, I woke up yesterday wanting it to be a glorious day! Hubby was headed out on the water. Miles was headed off to a long day at work and I was going to be able to recuperate from killer zumba, get some house stuff done, and watch some football.

I got on-line to do my normal morning emails, etc., and was once again bombarded with the vehemence that is this election. I have many friends with many passions. This is why I love them. They are eager to share their passion with others. I have friends who are passionate about books, gardening, English, animals, recycling, children, sports and more. They joyfully slap their messages wherever they can to promote their strongest of affirmations for these super and worthwhile causes. They do this message slapping with love for purpose in their hearts. What I was reading online provided NO love, NO purpose, and NO sense.

This election has provided nothing but divisive, crude, and disgusting behavior. It truly has left me nauseous on several occasions - seriously! The way folks believe they can speak to others, simply because they believe in something, is utterly, completely, and disdainfully repulsive! The bad mood was seeping in.

I got off the computer and, instead, turned on the tv. Bad choice! Since I have friends and family in the northeast, I'm most concerned about the efforts to get things back to normal up there. There are still many people I have not heard from. Watching the Staten Island folks without ANY thing while others are actually headed back to work just made my heart weep. People who didn't just lose their homes. They have no idea where their homes went. Mothers losing children. Families searching for family members and friends and just endless devastation. The bad mood became worse.

Now . . . let's throw in a conversation of texts where I learned that, once again, my name is getting dragged through the slop! Apparently, I'm assisting in a family issue of a friend. I'm 'playing sides' and 'stirring up trouble'. NONE of which is true. These folks have so many issues, I think Freud would run away screaming! I thought I could trust this person who was once my best of friends. Now, I see what she's really, truly all about and it makes my skin crawl. She is a shameful shell of a human who is tearing her family apart for the sake of being correct. Sickening!

I just wanted to cry. I was saying bad words, drinking beer AND eating Hershey's Kisses. THAT is how bad it was. And . . . then . . . while texting my boy updates about the Bucs and Giants games and expressing my sadness in the Giants loss, he asked what had happened. I texted that they made a few mistakes and I typed: "You can't fix stupid!" And it was an 'A-ha Moment'! I just stared at my text before I sent it. I taught myself my own lesson. I cannot change bad things, bad manners, or bad people. I am in charge of me.

I wish each of you a day, today, of beauty and wonder and blessings. It WILL be a much better day than yesterday! Be well!

2 comments:

  1. NICE post, LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just pray our future has less of this "stupid" disease!!!!!!!! It is very sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhh, my animal activist! Love you and your passion and, yes, let's hope they find a cure for 'stupid' soon! xoxo

      Delete