Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Little Gold

Andrew Gold, that is! The lyric writer of the song 'Thank You For Being A Friend'.

Today . . . family, hardships, and triumphs are done and it is time to acknowledge the glue, the cement of life . . . friends!

For various reasons, I've always reached out to others in search of solace and serenity. I adore my family, but could not live without my friends.

Since my earliest childhood memories, there have been those folks who have just been constants. Whether I saw them all the time, or just intermittently, it was as if we had never parted. There was and is a comfort and a companionship that just never diminishes regardless of time, tests, or tumult. These folks are true gifts of grace from God above.

Nancy and Jamie are some of my very first rocks. Always a welcome face and a happy heart on the school bus. Thank you! Sue, Tana, Harold, Billy, Donald, Dawn, Donna and Ricky - more family than friends! Gymnastics provided forever friends and support throughout many an adolescent abyss and beyond. Kate, Timi, Danny, Heather, Mark and Chris . . . through my late teens. And as I grow older, the list grows longer and more diversified . . . Debbie, Kitty, Kim, Marcy, Lenny, Ann, Norma, Rosemary, Ali, Alison, Donna, Analisa, Rhonda, Jeannie, Diane, Dianna, Tony, Dick, Tracy, Barbara, Avril, Joanne, Cynthia, Joel, Kim, Amie, Trevor, Nancy, Michelle, Wilma, Winnie, Sharon, Michelle, and a host of other people.

These are not just acquaintenances. These are the types of people that will actually stop what they're doing to help me. They would come if I needed them. They would assist if I asked them. They care, they comfort, they confide, and they are cherished beyond belief. They are the proverbial cherry on the hot fudge sundae of life.

Thank you for being a friend.
Travelled down the road and back again.
Your heart is true. you're a pal and a confidant!

Love you much!
I am beyond thankful for you!

2 comments: