Friday, November 23, 2012

Whew!

Had another blog in my head for today . . . but

Yesterday (I think it was yesterday), I woke up at 6 am. Not sure why, but when the old gray matter starts churning, there's just no going back to sleep. Started Thanksgiving dinner at 11 am and we at around 2-ish. I tried to nap but that didn't happen.

So . . . I tried several desserts. Stuffed once again, I tried to close my eyes. Nothing!

So, although I was able to rest my eyes for a little while, devoid of sleep, I tried to rouse myself with a shower before heading to work at 11:30 pm last night for the big Black Friday shift til 9:30 am this morning.

I don't understand why folks find it necessary to be out shopping at midnight, but . . . whatever floats your boat. It was insanely busy from midnight til 2 am and then steadily busy til nearly 10 am. I was able to break away for a bagel and a half cup of coffee, but not much more than that. Folks were not quite as messy and careless as last year, but I was busy nonetheless.

And now . . . after sleep-driving home . . . I am writing my blog for the day before catching a few elusive zzzzzzzzzz's!

I am thankful for persistence, determination, and tenacity. Without those traits, I would have long ago been sleeping under a sales rack in the sweater area where it's a little cozier! I enjoy a challenge and I thrive on pressure. I got a little of both last night. Enough to last me for another year! I am thankful to be home. I am thankful to be in comfy clothes, on my comfy couch, and waiting for the sandman to come and steal me away!

Have a good one folks! I am thankful for you.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you. May sweet dreams find and hold you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you "b."! You're a peach! Hope your Thanksgiving was everything you needed it to be.
      xoxo

      Delete