Monday, December 17, 2012

Thankful for blessings

Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of playing elf!

It began in the morning. I took out all the goodies I had made over the past week and began to make platters for folks. Chocolate presents, trees, bulbs, snowmen, snowflakes and more, rocky road and chocolate/peppermint fudge, chocolate-dipped rum balls, tiger cookies, snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate/hazelnut/peanut butter pinwheel cookies.

With platters made, and a few presents wrapped, I started off in my sleigh for my elfin ways. My first stop was an incredibly close friend's house who, through no fault of her own, is tough to meet up with. We stay in touch, and even though she lives just a few short miles away, getting together is difficult due to our conflicting schedules. Yesterday's visit was perfection! Like we were never apart. Conversation just picked right up, information shared, hugs hugged and a beautiful little visit was had. She truly is an angel here on earth for me. She always has been . . . always will be.

Off to the mall for a goody delivery at work. I was also greeted with a tremendous amount of generosity with a tiny fundraiser I am having. Such wonderful blessings! Icing on the cake was the assistance of one fabulous sales associate who offered me her discount so my $43 holiday shirt cost me a whopping $10 and change! BONUS!

From there, I came home with all kinds of boundless energy and was able to assist hubby with our garage project. It took me several sweaty, head-banging hours but I made a huge dent so he could rest and try to get over a nasty cold. My endeavors paid off huge!

My third delivery was to a young man who used to live across the street. He and his girlfriend have an incredibly beautiful baby girl! I delivered a little treat platter to them and a gift to their princess. And then . . . the best gift of all . . . I stole that baby from grandma and got to hold her for a long while. Such a joy! The most precious of all gifts . . . the innocence of a tiny life . . . in my arms! Delicious!

I cannot afford presents for all the folks I'd like to buy for. Even if I could, that's not the point. I think the gift of my time and energies and care and love shoved into every cookie and morsel I make speaks volumes about my love for others.

We all know how to give the gift of a present, but it is more important to share the gifts that you were born with.

And in return . . . the hand of God reaches down and blesses you!

No comments:

Post a Comment