Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thankful for Ch-Angels

Today, I am thankful for the Ch-Angels in this world!

I have written about the Ch-Angels in my life. Those folks who have made major impacts upon my psyche and moral code and basic outlook on life. Those folks who have taught me, guided me, sustained me, supported me, and loved me . . . to the moon and back . . . and made a world of difference.

Today, however, I write of the worldly Ch-Angels! The heroes of the every day.

The people who teach. The people who heal. The people who guard. The people who keep us safe. The military. The first responders. Those charged with herding the sheep to a much better grazing land!

They are here, walking among us, wings unfurled each day doing nothing more than the task they have chosen as a daily chore. They take of their own time, finances, efforts, and emotional welfare to nurture and protect us. They seek no retribution, no accolades, no awards, no fame. They exist to make the world a better place and they do an incredible job!

Sprinkled into those daily miracle makers are the make-a-choice Ch-Angels. These are the folks who rise to the occasion and become much more than they ever dreamed possible. These are the heroes that show up at accident scenes and lift cars to retrieve passengers, dive into icy waters to fetch the fallen, gather the children who flee from unfathomable horror, buy presents for children they will never know or see, those who go beyond their own realm ~ without thought or reason ~ to do the right thing for others.

We all have that Ch-Angel gene within us. Some just ooze with it. Some must have it coaxed out of them. Some are thrust into situations where it simply is their reaction. However it appears . . . I am thankful for it!

Thank you Ch-Angels! You make this world worth living in!

No comments:

Post a Comment