Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Full of Thanks

Merry Christmas! What a glorious, wonderful day!

With adult children, the early mornings are a thing of the past, but not for me! I am always awake early and that is fine. It is this quiet, peaceful time that I am blessed to reflect and enjoy the happenings of a yesterday, a year, and a life full of things to be thankful for!

The top ten reasons to be thankful this morning:

I am awake and enjoying Christmas morning! Thankful item #1.
My two beautiful children are sleeping just feet away. Thankful item #2.
My absolutely amazing husband is sleeping just feet away in the other direction. Thankful item #3.
My fuzzy old grey-haired pooch is balled up just behind me. Thankful item #4.
I got texts from most of my brothers yesterday and even a few of my beloved nieces and nephews. Thankful item #5.
I am certain that my mom, my favorite Christmas angel, is watching over me today and always. Thankful item #6.
I am blessed to have spent yesterday with family and friends and a wee little precious infant. Thankful item #7.
I am blessed to have some of the most spectacular friends in all of the world. Thankful item #8.
I will soon begin the delightful task of making apple/cinnamon/coconut pancakes. Thankful item #9.
Today is a day to celebrate Jesus Christ - and all the many blessings He showers down upon us. Thankful item #10.

I pray that today is a day full of blessings for you and yours. If you are not near family . . . go make one, call them, skype them, whatever makes you less alone. You are never alone with the joy of God in your heart!

Be richly blessed and have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment