Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Touch A Life

I've written of sight and hearing and today . . . it's all about touch!

I feel bad for the germophobes. Those poor folks who cannot even shake a hand or give a hug in fear of what might occur. I, personally, would rather contract pneumonia than not have human contact!

Touch is so vital . . .

The softness of a newborn baby, the feel of warm sand beneath your feet, the enormity of a hug, the gentle caress of fresh air upon your face. To feel things is to experience life!

The warmth of a child in your arms, the bristly snuggling into hubby's furry chest, the security of a critter to pet, warm ocean waters, cool mountain streams, rough tree bark, prickly thick grass, the sun on your body, a good book in your hands, tickling the ivories, tackling a receiver, the safety of your hand in the hand of someone you trust.

Touch conveys so many things to so many people.

However you can today . . . touch a life!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I think I'll go snuggle my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best exercises you'll ever do! :-) Squish him once for me! xo

    ReplyDelete