Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tenaciously Thankful!

Today, I am thankful for tenacity!

I could, and might, write a book about all the mountains I've climbed. Chapters of hardships, hurdles, and haunting happenings that have infected portions of my life. I could write for days about broken hearts and tainted trusts. I could pour myself into pages of powerful paralytic periods. They all happened. They all hurt. They all were devastating.

But . . .

I am no longer there. A person could spend eternity looking back, forlornly at their past. In doing so, they miss the present and the opportunity to enhance their future. I cannot change my past. I cannot alter things that have already occurred.

I can, however, choose to learn lessons from those awful times. I can take the tattered remains of what happened and build a better tomorrow.

Tenacity is defined as:  holding or grasping firmly; retentive; stubborn or persistent; holding together firmly; tough or cohesive.

I am all those things. I hold on to the promise of better things, the general good in most folks, the notion that I can accomplish what I put my mind to; and the idea that I deserve all of those things!

Today, I hope you lay down your baggage from the past. Move ahead toward dreams and goals. The future is yours. Set a course and stick to it . . . with the tenaciousness that exists in each of us!

You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment