Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tick Tick Tick

I am continuing my thankfulness blogging until the end of the year. It just seems appropriate as we begin to reflect back on a very full year and forward in hopes of a beautiful 2013.

I am thankful today for time . . .

Christmas day was spectacular! I adore my role as mom and wife. I got to play both to the extreme yesterday. Normally hubby makes Christmas breakfast. Yesterday, I relieved him of his duties and made some apple cinnamon, coconut pancakes (in remembrance of our Jamaican anniversary trip). They were super delicious and the kids and even the dog ate 'em up!

Then it was time for stockings. The dog knows which one is his and he just loved his squeakey monkey. The kids had various treats, the obligatory Pez dispenser (which always makes us laugh), giant candy cane sticks (which the dog thought were good fetching tools), and scratch off tickets (to keep gamblin' grandma in our thoughts!).

Then present time. My babies got a majority of things they requested and I even got to spoil hubby a little. He so very much deserves it with all the hard work and time he puts into his job. The dog enjoyed his treats and helped to tear up wrapping paper and boxes. He's very good at that. I was blessed with angels and starfish and Giants gear and Bulls gear and lots of household treats. I was moved to tears several times with different items. All good tears though. I'm kind of a mush!

Then it was time to cook. I chased everyone into the living room and I began my beloved task of cooking Christmas turkey. I so enjoy making dinner for my family and listening to them play games and watching them rummage through all of their gifts and treats. It just makes a mother's heart soar.

Dinner was scrumptious and then it was game time. They had already exhausted Othello and Mancala so it was time for some family Apples to Apples. It was a time of many laughs and much sarcasm. (You expected something else from this family?) Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!

Time to walk the dog and then time for a family movie! We, for the first time, actually went to the theater on Christmas day. Since the boy is such a film buff, we caught the newest Tarantino film. It surely did not disappoint. It was vintage Tarantino! We quoted it all the way back to Deanna's apartment and said a sad goodbye to a beautiful day.

Time is fleeting. Make it mean something. Fill those ticks with memories and love and family and friends. My time, yesterday, was full! I wish you the same every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment