Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Happy Heart . . .

It truly makes my heart happy to do good things for other people.

I just helped do a drive for holiday gifts for Ronald McDonald House and All Children's Hospital for the upcoming holidays. The Ronald McDonald House liaison left with a carload of stuff and a little bit of cash to boot! The hospital has several boxes of items as well and both were blessed with a whole box each of beautiful hand-crocheted blankets by a dear guild branch member. What kindness and generosity sat in those boxes. What joy and blessings will be extended by those offerings. Thanks to those that assisted!

I should be receiving another trinket I had the distinct pleasure of making for an incredible friend of mine. The shop teacher at the middle school here just held an incredible Veterans Day ceremony and I've captured it in a book made tangible by mypublisher.com. This is an incredibly easy to use program and they make extraordinary gifts. Should you ever be looking for a unique wedding, shower, graduation, or birthday present . . . please check them out. Since it was announced at this Veterans Day ceremony that the shop teacher would be retiring, this book will be quite a fabulous keepsake for him. Shhhhhhhh! He doesn't know he's getting it! On another note, I also made books for all my brothers and step-dad after my mom passed away. I know I cherish mine very much. I hope they enjoy thumbing through theirs every now and again, too!

And today, I meet up with a gentleman who just oozes with the need to share the blessings he has been inundated with. He's a genuine, kind, giving, charismatic soul . . . and I've only talked to him over the phone. I really cannot wait to meet him. He might be my new best friend. I think it is vital to surround yourself with folks who believe what you believe, strive to achieve the same things you're after, and are supportive of your actions. This gentleman seems to be all that and then some. He will be assisting in our All Children's Hospital endeavors and I'm very much anticipating our meeting and awaiting what I know will be a magical outcome.

I know a lot of folks are having a hard time right now. In helping others, we often help ourselves. I hope those of you who are seeking an opportunity, take the opportunity to help someone else today. What comes back to you, I know, will make your heart happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment