Thursday, May 31, 2012

On the Wings of Angels!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, my Angels!

The Angels were definitely with me yesterday! What a super fantabulous sort of day!

I got to write a few much needed little notes to a couple of beloved friends and family before popping up to the middle school for the Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. Met one of my favorite front office peeps upon entering and we walked to the library together. It was a small crowd, but all amazing folks. We were introduced by the Volunteer Coordinator, Jackie who told of each person's individual talents and offerings. It was quite nice to learn about the other folks present. She then presented each of us with a gift specifically chosen per individual. Guess what I got?

A pair of beautiful coral-colored angels with an inspirational message printed between their flowing gowns. I was beaming. When we entered the room, we had been given a number from a basket. Mine just happened to be 22 - my birthday. We joked that it would mean good things. When Jackie got around to doling out the numbered door prizes, she finally made her way to 22 and . . . it was a bag of Angels. Crazy, huh?!

Next was the musical interlude by Mrs. Cavanagh, a woman who has the innate blessing of being able to draw the talents out of children. Her entertainment has always made me wish I had brought my mom. She would have loved it and this year's spectacle was no different. Even brought a tear to my eye. She really has an incredible gift of bringing the best out of these children.

From there, I went to four different stores looking for a comforter. Couldn't find what I wanted. Upon entering the fourth store, I was feeling a little defeated and brought a compromise to the counter. I inquired if they had a store room where maybe something else might be stored. She called a manager who walked me around for a bit while we chatted. I ended up getting an entire bed set for the price of a comforter and the manager even slid me an additional discount while ringing me up. $160 bed set for $60!!!

Oh yes, my Angels were with me. I adore them and just love when they lift me up so high with treats and treasures of friends and frivolity.

I hope your Angels are with you today. We all deserve our Angels, and we deserve to be showered with their love and attention. Today, may you ride on the wings of Angels!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Praise the Lord for His Angels!!!

    ReplyDelete