Friday, May 4, 2012

To Be Needed

Yesterday, I got one of my most favorite kind of phone calls. My nephew called to chat, to find out plans for meeting up in DC in June, and then . . . for the best part . . . to ask for my help!

He's starting up a construction/landscape business in his spare time. Mind you, he's already a fireman in Rosendale and some secretive military police guy at Stewart AFB in Newburgh. He's not even 25 yet. I couldn't be prouder of his accomplishments, his drive, and his energy. AND . . . he's a nice guy! Can't ask for much more than that!

But he asked me for help. What a joyous moment for me. To be inquired to take part in something in his life - so very far away. I hopped all over it and I think we've come to some revelations about his business and his ingenuity. I wish him all the success in the world and if any of you upstate New York folk need some construction and/or landscaping . . . he's got my personal stamp of approval!

It is a wonderfully heart-warming blessing to be asked for help. It is just icing on a cake when you perform a task to someone's delight. Yesterday offered me both! I do hope that each of you feels the same warm fuzzy I'm currently wrapped in. It's just wonderful!

Thanks Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment